Cleanings and Prevention in Bakersfield
The more time spent on proactive dental care, the less likelihood there is that you will need complex and costly treatments later. Oral health care education and preemptive exams and cleanings are vital to the maintenance of your smile.
At Auburn Dental Center, we provide the educational resources and preventive treatments you need for a long-lasting smile. Dr. Roger V. Pham and his compassionate team treat people living in Bakersfield, College Heights, and Hillcrest with meticulous cleanings and thorough preventive dental exams.
Educational Tips for Optimal Oral Health
Dr. Pham is your ally in oral health, knowing that a significant part of preventive dentistry takes place at home. He and his staff provide valuable tips on oral health care, such as:
- Brush twice daily for a minimum of two minutes.
- Floss daily to remove harmful bacteria from hidden areas in the mouth.
- Avoid a sugary diet, which contributes to tooth decay.
- Refrain from using tobacco products, which can double your chances of gum disease.
Early Detection of Dental Issues with Routine Exams
Equally important to your daily at-home oral health habits are routine visits to the dentist for exams. Frequent exams allow Dr. Pham to halt the progress of cavities and gum disease before they escalate into more serious oral health concerns. Using digital x-rays, highly defined images of your teeth are taken safely without harmful levels of radiation. To keep you informed, your dental images can be shared with you on a computer monitor. Your soft tissues are also examined for any signs of oral cancer.
At regular check-up exams, your dentist and hygienist will include the following:
Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
Dental Hygiene Care is Vital to Dental Well-Being
Finally, professional dental hygiene appointments are a cornerstone of dental care. A hygienic cleaning accomplishes several important tasks, such as:
- Removes bacteria and plaque from hard to reach areas on teeth and gums.
- Removes tartar from teeth and their roots through tooth scaling.
- Smooths tooth and root surfaces of debris so gums health is restored.
- Re-mineralizes dental enamel with fluoride treatments.
- Polishes away surface stains from teeth.
Auburn Dental Center Keeps Smiles Bright and Healthy
Dr. Roger V. Pham makes proactive dental care a priority by giving you educational tips, thorough exams, and dental hygiene treatments. He wants to see people in Bakersfield, College Heights, and Hillcrest enjoy smiles that radiate health and last a lifetime.
Schedule An Appointment