Have you ever got a dental restoration, such as a crown, veneer, or bridge done by a dentist? If so, the dentist would have asked you to bite into a piece of gooey material used to take the impression of the teeth. Patients may find this method of taking impressions uncomfortable, which is why we use state-of-the-art technology to make your visit as pleasant as possible.
What is the iTero intraoral scanner?
The iTero intraoral scanner is a highly advanced device used to scan the teeth and make digital impressions. The data obtained from the scanner is used as a reference for fabricating dental restorations. It is also used for various other purposes, acting as a quick and efficient workaround for several conventional dental procedures.
What are the advantages of the iTero scanner?
- The process of scanning the teeth is simple and quick.
- Patients can comfortably be seated in the dental chair while the dentist uses the wand-like scanning tool to scan the teeth and project the images on a computer screen.
- Aligning the teeth from both jaws can be done effortlessly. Both the patient and dentist can view the process on the screen, giving them a better view of the entire oral setup.
- The scanned images provide virtually an unlimited number of views of the teeth in 3D.
- The precision of the scanned images is extraordinary. Even the most minute details can be viewed in high resolution. Such a level of detail will not be available with physical impressions.
- The images rendered by the scans serve well to fabricate orthodontic appliances such as braces and Invisalign.
- Most importantly, patients can avoid putting the putty-like gooey substance in their mouth, which could bring out the gag reflexes in a few individuals.
Please schedule an appointment online or call us at (661) 327-2189 to have a consultation with our dentists, and we will be happy to help.
Ready to schedule a consultation?