Laser dentistry uses a thin, concentrated beam of light energy to perform dental procedures. Laser or light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation provides a precise, comfortable and safe treatment option. Some uses of laser dentistry are:
- Removal of tissue from around a partially erupted wisdom tooth.
- To reshape the gum tissues that might have overgrown due to certain medication.
- Removal and reshaping of the extra gum tissue while treating a gummy smile.
- Removal of inflamed and infected gum tissues.
- Removal of muscle attachments that restrict lip or tongue movement.
- Lasers also accelerate in-office tooth whitening procedures by releasing the oxidizing agents packed in the whitening gels.
- Removal of tooth enamel for making room for crowns or veneers.
- Reducing the discomfort from cold sores and cankers.
- To repair worn-down fillings.
- Painless removal of tumors from the gums, cheeks, and lips.
- For the regeneration of damaged nerves and blood vessels.
- To treat sleep apnea by removing tissue overgrowth from the back of the throat.
- To quickly reduce pain and inflammation of the temporomandibular jaw joint.
What are the benefits of laser dentistry?
Laser dentistry has many benefits over traditional dentistry. Following are some of the advantages of laser dentistry:
1. Laser dentistry causes less or no pain.
Laser dentistry uses a laser to penetrate the soft and hard tissues. It does not involve any pressure, heat, or vibration, which become a cause of discomfort and pain. This also eliminates the need for administrating local anesthesia. It is safe to say that laser dentistry also reduces dental anxiety by improving comfort and ease.
2. Laser dentistry is accurate and precise.
Laser dentistry uses high-end technology which is extremely precise and accurate and hits only the diseased and damaged tissues that require treatment. As a result, the surrounding areas are not damaged.
3. Laser dentistry is less traumatic.
Traditional dentistry causes cracks and fractures in the teeth and is quite a traumatic process. On the other hand, laser dentistry causes no such problem.
4. Laser dentistry limits swelling and bleeding.
Laser dentistry is quite precise and targets only the diseased tissues and does not touch the surrounding area. As a result, bleeding and swelling are dramatically reduced. Also, the lasers seal off the blood vessels and stop the bleeding.
5. Laser dentistry is very versatile and prevents future problems.
Laser dentistry is used to carry out a wide range of dental procedures. It also kills bacteria and prevents future infestation.
6. Laser dentistry reduces the chance of infection.
Laser beams help sterilize and disinfect the area they target. These sterilization and disinfecting processes reduce the chance of developing an infection.
At Auburn Dental Center, we use the latest technology like digital X rays and 3 D imaging to provide top-notch dental solutions to our patients. We aim to provide safe, comfortable, and painless procedures that suit one's dental needs. For further queries, book an appointment with us at (661) 327-2189 or visit us at 5603 Auburn Street Suite B Bakersfield, CA 93306.
Ready to schedule a consultation?